Need help with ea

Heya guys (and gals perhaps?)!

I´m new to metatrader, been doing some very simple ea's and slowly making them more advanced. I am now trying to make an ea that buys when RSI is below 10 and when the last periods MA50 is higher then it has been duuring the last 50 periods. I have been searching alot around this forum and within the documentation, but I´m still stuck. I get no signals what so ever.

I would really appreciate if someone could take a look at my code and tell me where I´m doing it wrong.

Thanks in advance!

double _RSI;
bool _Compare;
bool _Open_Position;
bool _ma50;
double madaily1[5], madaily2[5];
double dhhv1, dllv1, dhhv2, dllv2;
int madailyPERIOD = 50; 
int malookback1=20;
int malookback2=1;

int start(){

for(int i=0;i<malookback1; i++)
   {
   madaily1[i]=iMA(NULL,0,madailyPERIOD,0,0,0,i);
   dhhv1=iHigh(NULL,0,(ArrayMaximum(madaily1,20, 1))) ;
   }

for(int i1=0;i<malookback2; i++)
   {
   madaily2[i1]=iMA(NULL,0,madailyPERIOD,0,0,0,i1);
   dhhv2=iHigh(NULL,0,(ArrayMaximum(madaily2,2, 1))) ;
   }

_ma50 = dhhv2 < dhhv1;    

_RSI = iRSI(Symbol(),0,5,5,0);

_Compare = _RSI > 10;

if(_ma50 && _Compare && !__isExist(0))_Open_Position = OrderSend(Symbol(),0,08,MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_ASK),30,MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_ASK)-MarketInfo(Symbol(),
          MODE_POINT)*100,MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_ASK)+MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_POINT)*500,"",__STRATEGY_MAGIC + 0)>=0;

return(0);
}

//Services
bool __selectOrderByMagic(int __magic){for(int __i=0;__i<OrdersTotal();__i++){if(OrderSelect(__i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)&&
                    OrderMagicNumber()==__STRATEGY_MAGIC+__magic)return(true);}return(false);}

bool __isExist(int __magic){return(__selectOrderByMagic(__magic));}

Pontus:

Heya guys (and gals perhaps?)!

I´m new to metatrader, been doing some very simple ea's and slowly making them more advanced. I am now trying to make an ea that buys when RSI is below 10 and when the last periods MA50 is higher then it has been duuring the last 50 periods. I have been searching alot around this forum and within the documentation, but I´m still stuck. I get no signals what so ever.

I would really appreciate if someone could take a look at my code and tell me where I´m doing it wrong.

Thanks in advance!

You declare your arrays . .

double madaily1[5], madaily2[5];

. . . with 5 elements and then try to write 20 elements ?

int malookback1 =  20;

for(int i=0;   i<malookback1; i++)
   {
   madaily1[i] = iMA(NULL,0,madailyPERIOD,0,0,0,i);
   dhhv1 = iHigh(NULL,0,(ArrayMaximum(madaily1,20, 1))) ;
   }

why don't you get the max value in the array when it is fully populated ? i.e. outside of the for loop ?

OrderSend() does not return a bool . . . it returns an int, get into the habit of checking the return values from your trading functions and if they have failed report the error and any relevant variables, read this: What are Function return values ? How do I use them ?

Thank you, I now get signals but not the way I want. I get signals even when the last periods ma50 is lower then the prevoius 20 periods.

I´ll keep looking into this and if you or someone else finds anything that seems to be wrong i my code, please to tell.

Again, thanks for you help.

#define __STRATEGY_MAGIC 1293699797

//Inputs

//Declaration
double _RSI;
bool _Compare;
bool _Open_Position;
bool _ma50;
double madaily1[20], madaily2[20];//declare an array
double dhhv1, dllv1, dhhv2, dllv2;
int madailyPERIOD = 50; //moving average period 
int malookback1=20; //antal perioder att se bakåt
int malookback2=1; //antal perioder att se bakåt

int start(){

for(int i=0;i<malookback1; i++)
   {
   madaily1[i]=iMA(NULL,0,madailyPERIOD,0,0,0,i);
   }
   dhhv1=iHigh(NULL,0,(ArrayMaximum(madaily1,20, 1))) ;

for(int i1=0;i<malookback2; i++)
   {
   madaily2[i1]=iMA(NULL,0,madailyPERIOD,0,0,0,i1);
   }
   dhhv2=iHigh(NULL,0,(ArrayMaximum(madaily2,2, 1))) ;

_ma50 = dhhv2 > dhhv1;    

//Level 1
   _RSI = iRSI(Symbol(),0,5,5,0);

//Level 2
   _Compare = _RSI > 10;

//Level 3
   if(_ma50 && _Compare && !__isExist(0))_Open_Position = OrderSend(Symbol(),0,01,MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_ASK),30,MarketInfo(Symbol(),
       MODE_ASK)-MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_POINT)*100,MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_ASK)+MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_POINT)*150,"",__STRATEGY_MAGIC + 0)>=0;

return(0);
}

//Services
bool __selectOrderByMagic(int __magic){for(int __i=0;__i<OrdersTotal();__i++){if(OrderSelect(__i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES) &&
        OrderMagicNumber()==__STRATEGY_MAGIC+__magic)return(true);}return(false);}

bool __isExist(int __magic){return(__selectOrderByMagic(__magic));}

Pontus:

Thank you, I now get signals but not the way I want. I get signals even when the last periods ma50 is lower then the prevoius 20 periods.

I´ll keep looking into this and if you or someone else finds anything that seems to be wrong i my code, please to tell.

I told you about something else that was wrong but you ignored my advice . . .

RaptorUK:

OrderSend() does not return a bool . . . it returns an int, get into the habit of checking the return values from your trading functions and if they have failed report the error and any relevant variables, read this: What are Function return values ? How do I use them ?

Oh, I´m sorry, I did not ignore it. But english is not my native language so I did not understand what you meant at once. So I where going to keep looking at it, that's what I meant when I said "I'll keep looking into this".