Most important thing to consider in optimization results?

Hi all,

When optimizing to find the best settings a usually go for a combination of the best profit factor, lowest draw down and largest profit. However this can lead to confusion as many many results have good combinations and I end up with too many to choose from. What I am looking to do is narrow down the results and I thought that focusing on one field as a base filter would help. What filter to you all use as a base to build on the best settings from optimizations, expected pay off perhaps?

Don't use strategy optimizer ... it leads to curve fitting (imo).

ubzen:
Don't use strategy optimizer ... it leads to curve fitting (imo).

What field from your results to you pay the most attention to?

You may try Returns / DrawDown. Meaning you Divide the Returns by the DrawDown. $ or % doesn't really matter. The Higher the number the better.

Anyways, thats the fields I'm using currently. But this is really a question of [Risk vs Reward] or [Fear vs Greed]. Therefore what's important to me may_not work for you. And this subject is going to become very subjective very fast.

Have you read this article? https://championship.mql5.com/2012/en/2008.

It talks about two of the common criterion we talk about here. The Zero_Curve or CoinToss_Curve. And the Return/DrawDown on the bottom.