Can't write to file when order is open - page 4

sangmane:

There is a typo. You use dot instead of comma

I tested this today and it looks like this is causing the issue, well spotted

favosys: can you please confirm ? if you confirm I'll contact thee Service Desk and update them.

RaptorUK:

I tested this today and it looks like this is causing the issue, well spotted

favosys: can you please confirm ? if you confirm I'll contact thee Service Desk and update them.

Yes, thank you sangmane. This seems to be working in my test EA, I will need to run some tests in my main EA but yeah, it seems that was all the problem.

Thanks again,

favosys:

Yes, thank you sangmane. This seems to be working in my test EA, I will need to run some tests in my main EA but yeah, it seems that was all the problem.

Thanks again,

OK, I'll notify the Service Desk and ask them to investigate why the compiler didn't complain . . .

sangmane:
if((cont > 15) && (cont < 50)){
if(ticket != -1){
if(OrderSelect(ticket, SELECT_BY_TICKET) == true){
datetime horacierre = OrderCloseTime();
if(horacierre == 0){
Qnt_Symb=FileWrite(Handle,TimeToStr(TimeLocal(),TIME_DATE|TIME_SECONDS)," - ","Orden ", ticket, " en par ". Symbol(), " sigue abierta.");
}
else{
Qnt_Symb=FileWrite(Handle,TimeToStr(TimeLocal(),TIME_DATE|TIME_SECONDS)," - ","La orden ", ticket, " se cerro automaticamente a las ", TimeToStr(horacierre,TIME_DATE|TIME_SECONDS));
}
}
}

}

There is a typo. You use dot instead of comma

Very good catch, congratulations.

RaptorUK:
OK, I'll notify the Service Desk and ask them to investigate why the compiler didn't complain . . .

I had a reply from the Service Desk, they acknowledge that there is a bug . . . I doubt it will be fixed as the compiler, Meta Editor, is in the process of a major change which should address this issue anyway.

Support Team 2013.08.28 14:24
Current MQL4 compiler allows points in expressions. Definitely there is a bug. New compiler is much more strong in such cases

By the way, the new beta MetaEditor throws an error for the line of code with the . in it.