Is there a way to force LiveUpdate on a MetaTrader 4 installation?

Hi, there! Is there any way of forcing the LiveUpdate on a MT4 installation? I only have one installation on my laptop (build 482 still) and it is taking a while for it to "decide" to update...!

I have looked around and could not find a solution, does anyone have a suggestion? ;-)

Thanks in advance!!! 

Close the terminal/Open the terminal

pipnotic:

Hi, there! Is there any way of forcing the LiveUpdate on a MT4 installation? I only have one installation on my laptop (build 482 still) and it is taking a while for it to "decide" to update...!

I have looked around and could not find a solution, does anyone have a suggestion? ;-)

Thanks in advance!!! 

It is up to your Broker to push the update to you,  if they are not offering the update you won't get it,  talk to your Broker.

WHRoeder:
Close the terminal/Open the terminal

I've done that several times, but thanks anyway...! ;-)

RaptorUK:
It is up to your Broker to push the update to you,  if they are not offering the update you won't get it,  talk to your Broker.

I have 2 MT4 installed on a remote server with the same broker, and those installations were updated already. I know I could copy the files across, but I was just wondering if there was another way.

This LiveUpdate story looks very random to me, but I'll wait a bit longer...! ;-)

Thanks for the reply anyway! 

pipnotic:

I have 2 MT4 installed on a remote server with the same broker, and those installations were updated already. I know I could copy the files across, but I was just wondering if there was another way.

This LiveUpdate story looks very random to me, but I'll wait a bit longer...! ;-)

Thanks for the reply anyway! 

Contact your Broker . . .  that is what they are there for,  to Support you.

I think I might have found a way of forcing the liveupdate of MT4. But since all my MT4 installations were already updated I was not able to verify it.

If someone goes through the procedure below and manages to liveupdate please let us know! ;-)

1) go to the "\Users\%profile%\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\MetaTrader 4 Terminal\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX\profiles" folder, where "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" can be something like "CAFDE510BD12372B16C5731337AF7CDD", and copy the attached file "liveupdate.ini"

2) edit "liveupdate.ini" changing the following variables:

- %BrokerName% -> second string in the .srv file of the broker server you are using (as per the Server field in the MetaTrader Login window). The .srv file can be found in the folder "%MT4installFullPathFolder%\config" (example: C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrade\config). You can open the .srv using Notepad.

-  %MT4installFullPathFolder% -> full MT4 installation path as described above.

- %BrokerServerURL% -> URL of your broker server, it is the third (legible) string in the .srv file of the broker server you are using.  (example: us03-demo.mt4tradeserver.com).

- %MT4account% -> your MT4 account (example: 1122353).

- %CurrentVersion% -> major version of your existing MT4 install (400 for builds starting with 4, 500 for builds starting with 5).

- %CurrentBuild% -> minor version of your existing MT4 install (for example 446 or 507); get it from the Help\About menu inside MT4.

- %NewVersion% -> latest major version, today it would be 500

- %NewBuild% -> latest build, today it would be 509

3) go back one folder to  "\Users\%profile%\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\MetaTrader 4 Terminal\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" and run from the command line "liveupdate /updateadmin" 

Your update should start straightaway. :-)

The useful replies continue I see. Lol.

This is now a problem for me. I have MT4 instances on a remote test box, my laptop and a broker-related VPS. The former updated to 600 this morning but the other machines remain on 509. I want to be able to force the liveupdate funcs to run to get my environment uniform. Though tbh I don't want to get down and dirty with Pip's suggestion above. The broker is of no use, I'm waiting out their tech team SLA response time atm but would rather resolve it myself if it were possible.

Reason: