MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 509 - page 8

WHRoeder:
Reduce bars on chart.

But in the past, There were the same number of bars on the chart, with the same number of history bars, and the terminal would start fine.

You didn't have the problem before. Now you've built up enough that your indicators (or simply disk/ram/paging) is bothering you. If you don't want to fix it Stop complaining.

WHRoeder:

You didn't have the problem before. Now you've built up enough that your indicators (or simply disk/ram/paging) is bothering you. If you don't want to fix it Stop complaining.

I understand, That is a better explanation... Thank you for your help.

Is anyone else having problems with charts not opening after a backtest in Build 509? I can backtest 2 pairs and open the charts for those, but on the third pair, clicking the Open Chart button does nothing. There are no errors in any to the logs. Closing MT4 and reopening it will redisplay the previous charts and allow me to run 2 more backtests and open their charts, but again, on the third pair, no chart. Each chart has 2000 bars (M15), with 6 indicators. I don't think resources are an issue, since I can eventually (3 restarts of MT4 later) get 8 charts open. The machine is Win 7 64 bit with 32GBytes of RAM, and MT4 is installed outside of Program Files. Prior builds of MT4 did all 8 pairs on the same EA, and it's happening now on virtually all EA's I try to test. If any one has any thoughts, I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

cody_r:
Is anyone else having problems with charts not opening after a backtest in Build 509? I can backtest 2 pairs and open the charts for those, but on the third pair, clicking the Open Chart button does nothing. There are no errors in any to the logs. Closing MT4 and reopening it will redisplay the previous charts and allow me to run 2 more backtests and open their charts, but again, on the third pair, no chart. Each chart has 2000 bars (M15), with 6 indicators. I don't think resources are an issue, since I can eventually (3 restarts of MT4 later) get 8 charts open. The machine is Win 7 64 bit with 32GBytes of RAM, and MT4 is installed outside of Program Files. Prior builds of MT4 did all 8 pairs on the same EA, and it's happening now on virtually all EA's I try to test. If any one has any thoughts, I'd love to hear them. Thanks.
Try the same without all your indicators . . . narrow down the problem first, then add in Indicators to see if it's an Indicator aggravated issue.

Thanks, Raptor. Tried that and got the same result, but by eliminating the calls to indicators within the EA one by one I found the indicator that was causing it. Still not sure why it only started showing up in 509; I've been using that indicator for quite some time before that. But it's time to look closely at it's code to find out why. EA's without that indicator are behaving normally in backtest chart display.

WHRoeder:

By the Way, It is not my disk/ram or paging, as it was working fine in previous version.

The Problem lies within other reasons.

Thank you.

maybe the WAV files corrupted during the update, check it out, if so, rebuild your WAV files, (i had the same problem once, and it turned out the update damaged my WAV files)

qjol:
maybe the WAV files corrupted during the update, check it out, if so, rebuild your WAV files, (i had the same problem once, and it turned out the update damaged my WAV files)

Are you answering me?

How did you get the icons and text to appear bigger than standard with build 482 ? I have a Build 445 terminal and it's icons and text are the same size as build 509 . .

its AS build 509....