Last year gap in data from brokers?

I have downloaded data from the history center for Alpari UK amongst others but for some reason the data stops at the start of 2012 but goes way back to the 90's! Any ideas why? I dont want to have to go through the process of getting tick data from Dukascopy especially considering this is limited to 2007 for my chosen pairs.

Heres my guide for downloading m1 data. You can remove the volume to save them in OHLC format.

Thanks, good guide. What time zone is the data? If the time zone for the data differs from my brokers existing data & time zone will this cause on issue?

Time: GMT (no Daylight Saving Time). Depends on how your system uses time. In most cases this has no influence.

Thanks Uzben, I have it working back to 2001 with 90% modelling quality which should be sufficient enough for me as my EA works on open prices only not ticks < m1. How reliable is this data? Looks odd on the charts... many o/h/l/c prices the same on the m1, sometimes 10 or more bars....is this data actually any better than standard metaquotes data? It produces different results than the standard history center data despite the EA using the exact same settings..

EDIT: I think it may be due to the data you recommended being 4 digit NOT 5 and with my EA closing some orders for a few pips, this may be the difference between meta quotes data results and the fx tester results - does that sound right?

gangsta1:

Thanks Uzben, I have it working back to 2001 with 90% modelling quality which should be sufficient enough for me as my EA works on open prices only not ticks < m1. How reliable is this data? Looks odd on the charts... many o/h/l/c prices the same on the m1, sometimes 10 or more bars....is this data actually any better than standard metaquotes data? It produces different results than the standard history center data despite the EA using the exact same settings..

EDIT: I think it may be due to the data you recommended being 4 digit NOT 5 and with my EA closing some orders for a few pips, this may be the difference between meta quotes data results and the fx tester results - does that sound right?

Sounds about right. It is 4_digits not 5. I consider it better than the mq data because does not have gaps weeks apart.