Error 148 in Strategy Tester How many trades can the Strategy tester Run

Hi all,

I'm backtesting a grid strategy EA, and am running into error 148 problems - too many trades.

Is there a setting I need to change, or is this a memory limitation?

My broker allows unlimited live and demo trades, and my demo testing has easily exceeded the number of trades I was planning to use while backtesting.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Too many trades means your broker has a limit to how many open/pending trades is allowed. (IBFX is 1000)

WHRoeder:
Too many trades means your broker has a limit to how many open/pending trades is allowed. (IBFX is 1000)

Thanks WHRoeder,

FXCM  my broker claims they have no limit, and that has been pretty much borne out by my forward demo testing of the same EA.

The error also occurs after a variable number of successful trades, sometimes in the 200s and sometimes in the 400s.

I just tried re running it again and this time it seemed to immediately jump to 148 errors - with no trades placed. Is there a cache somewhere that needs to be cleared out?

swingtraderkk:

Thanks WHRoeder,

FXCM  my broker claims they have no limit, and that has been pretty much borne out by my forward demo testing of the same EA.

The error also occurs after a variable number of successful trades, sometimes in the 200s and sometimes in the 400s.

I just tried re running it again and this time it seemed to immediately jump to 148 errors - with no trades placed. Is there a cache somewhere that needs to be cleared out?

Ask your broker, no ?

angevoyageur:

Ask your broker, no ?

I did.

They said there is no limit.

This appears to be true as I've put on 1,000s of orders simultaneously (open and pending) in forward demo testing.

I suspect a limitation with Metatrader's strategy testing module or a cache that needs to be cleared.

I mentioned this in my earlier post.