The orders are shown too late in the results tab

Dear Community,

I have a question: If I test my expert advisor in the visual mode (every tick mode), then the closed/modified positions are shown too late in the results-tab of the strategy tester. I can see the trades in the chart but not in the results-tab. I get the results delayed and MetaTrader show then 10-15 position at once. If I stop the expert advisor with the pause-button, then I get all position until this time. Is it normal? What can I do, that the results will be shown immediately?

Thank you very much for your Help! 

user_123:

Dear Community,

I have a question: If I test my expert advisor in the visual mode (every tick mode), then the closed/modified positions are shown too late in the results-tab of the strategy tester. I can see the trades in the chart but not in the results-tab. I get the results delayed and MetaTrader show then 10-15 position at once. If I stop the expert advisor with the pause-button, then I get all position until this time. Is it normal? What can I do, that the results will be shown immediately?

Thank you very much for your Help! 

The only way I've found to get this to work is by either slowing down the tester (using the slider bar) or minimizing the chart. I'm guessing it's because MT4 is essentially a single threaded application and so fails to update everything on screen in real time.

Regards, Paul.

user_123: Is it normal? What can I do, that the results will be shown immediately?

When you use speed bar at maximum (32) all sorts of graphical things are delayed until the test is paused or finishes. Smaller values do not do this.

I add a call to my PauseTest() when ever I detect the number of open orders has changed. That's usually the point I want to look at.

Thank You!