- Truth is, "It doesn't matter"
- I've been saying this Forever

- Risk/Reward: 1/2 is Not better than 2/1
- Risk/Reward: 2/1 is Not better than 1/2
- Better depends on the Win-Rate

- Win_Rate=90% is Not better than Win_Rate=10
- Win_Rate=10% is Not better than Win_Rate=90
- Better depends on the Risk/Reward Ratio

- Heres a Link I saved recently which may help.

Nice link thanks for sharing.

Doesn't MT4, offer average profit per trade, when doing trade analysis?? 

c0d3: Nice link thanks for sharing.

Run a quick back-test and find out :)

c0d3:

Nice link thanks for sharing.

Yes,  average win and average loss.  Use this to calculate your R:R,  as long as you have enough trades . . . 

You can also use my_function and modify it slightly to get & print the equation within the article. I'll recommend putting the function within the de-init. The function is a bit redundant, however, I believe it's a good start.

RaptorUK:
Yes,  average win and average loss.  Use this to calculate your R:R,  as long as you have enough trades . . . 

Do you think 6000 trades give you enough samples to get R:R??

ubzen:
You can also use my_function and modify it slightly to get & print the equation within the article. I'll recommend putting the function within the de-init. The function is a bit redundant, however, I believe it's a good start.

i will see what i can do

After doing some more testing and leaving R:R ratio 1:1, and changing the period of ATR to a higher value(H1, ATR:75). The win/loose ratio is 48/52. 

I think it is now representing the coin toss probability with enough samples to satisfy the law of large numbers, which goes inline with the random number generator(my ea entries), only either generating a '0' or a '1'

So, i think the actual random order of the entries must be fine tuned to generate NOT a random signal to keep buying or selling.

c0d3:

After doing some more testing and leaving R:R ratio 1:1, and changing the period of ATR to a higher value(H1, ATR:75). The win/loose ratio is 48/52. 

I think it is now representing the coin toss probability with enough samples to satisfy the law of large numbers, which goes inline with the random number generator(my ea entries), only either generating a '0' or a '1'

So, i think the actually random order of the entries must be fine tuned to generate NOT a random signal to keep buying or selling.

Cool, let me know if something interesting develops.

ubzen:
Cool, let me know if something interesting develops.

it probably won't lol, but gotta keep trying :)