Needing help with MT4 setup

I have the forex-metal MT4 and every time I try to open it, I get the error: terminal.exe has encountered a problem & needs to close." It's build 445. I'm running it on Windows XP Professional service pack 3. I've also tried opening the FXDD MT4 and got the same problem. Does anybody know how to fix it? Also, is there a site with download links for all the previous builds & versions?

1mby30:
I have the forex-metal MT4 and every time I try to open it, I get the error: terminal.exe has encountered a problem & needs to close." It's build 445. I'm running it on Windows XP Professional service pack 3. I've also tried opening the FXDD MT4 and got the same problem. Does anybody know how to fix it? Also, is there a site with download links for all the previous builds & versions?

Let see what happen if you do these :

1. Find where you install MT and find profile folder. Open that profile folder and in it create another folder called whatever. Find a file called lastprofile.ini and open it with notepad/text document, delete it's content and re-write with ...

whatever

whatever

Now launch your MT again. It should be launched without any chart and any MT sub-windows. 

2. Check if your system file is not corrupted, by running System File Checker (SFC /scannow) for your XP (www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/system_file_checker.mspx?mfr=true)  and please always re-start after running SFC.

Hope that works, because sometimes, it still does not works and we do not know why :(  

phi.nuts:

Let see what happen if you do these :

1. Find where you install MT and find profile folder. Open that profile folder and in it create another folder called whatever. Find a file called lastprofile.ini and open it with notepad/text document, delete it's content and re-write with ...

whatever

whatever

Now launch your MT again. It should be launched without any chart and any MT sub-windows. 

2. Check if your system file is not corrupted, by running System File Checker (SFC /scannow) for your XP (www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/system_file_checker.mspx?mfr=true)  and please always re-start after running SFC.

Hope that works, because sometimes, it still does not works and we do not know why :(  

Neither of those worked. The tech support of forex-metal just said to re-download it. Is there a place I can download previous builds & try to find one that works?

1mby30:
 Neither of those worked. The tech support of forex-metal just said to re-download it. Is there a place I can download previous builds & try to find one that works?

Yep, I though that won't help either. But do you still have that warning "terminal.exe has encountered a problem & needs to close." .

Hate to say this, but there are several topics in this forum that discussed the same problem with yours (with lower MT build) and none is solved. You may want to search anything that mention WIndows XP : https://www.mql4.com/search#!keyword=Windows%20XP&module=mql4_module_forum.

Last helps : Maybe re-installing helps. 

Yes, I got the same error