real time feeds in demo

Hi. Im running MT4 in demo mode and it is always about 10 pips behind the other platforms and charts i use.

Can anyone help w this?....cheers. J 

jjre65:

Hi. Im running MT4 in demo mode and it is always about 10 pips behind the other platforms and charts i use.

Different Brokers have different prices . . .  some Brokers have different prices on Live and Demo.

RaptorUK:
Different Brokers have different prices . . .  some Brokers have different prices on Live and Demo.

thanks for the reply RaptorUK. All the other platforms and charts I use are in line w eachother and Ive checked against other random chart providers. Does MT4 set its own prices w fx pairs?

Cheers

J. 

There are hundreds of brokers that you can deal with.

Of those hundreds of brokers, dozens allow you to do live on-line trading.

Of those dozens of brokers, some allow you to use MT4 to do your on-line trading.

All these many brokers are trading with each other, their customers, the banks, and whoever wants to trade currency. There is no one place that sets exchange rates. If a broker can get a better rate from PartyA rather than PartyB, then that's where the deal will get made.

Think of it like the price of gasoline at your local gas station. Just because your local station is charging certain rate, doesn't necessarily mean that every station in your country is charging the same. When you use MT4, your computer connects to the quote feed of one lonely broker and you are seeing just that broker's rates. As the previous poster noted, the live and demo quote feeds may differ for your broker.

Just as gas prices across your country will likely rise and fall along a similar pattern, exchange rates from different brokers will follow a similar pattern, but they are not set centrally anywhere. 

guelphguy:

There are hundreds of brokers that you can deal with.

Of those hundreds of brokers, dozens allow you to do live on-line trading.

Of those dozens of brokers, some allow you to use MT4 to do your on-line trading.

All these many brokers are trading with each other, their customers, the banks, and whoever wants to trade currency. There is no one place that sets exchange rates. If a broker can get a better rate from PartyA rather than PartyB, then that's where the deal will get made.

Think of it like the price of gasoline at your local gas station. Just because your local station is charging certain rate, doesn't necessarily mean that every station in your country is charging the same. When you use MT4, your computer connects to the quote feed of one lonely broker and you are seeing just that broker's rates. As the previous poster noted, the live and demo quote feeds may differ for your broker.

Just as gas prices across your country will likely rise and fall along a similar pattern, exchange rates from different brokers will follow a similar pattern, but they are not set centrally anywhere. 

Thanks guelphguy.

One last q.

Do the currency pairs fluctuate evenly from broker to broker?....eg if the eur/jap drops 10 pips at a point in time will it drop 10 pips simultaneously w all brokers 

jjre65:

Thanks guelphguy.

One last q.

Do the currency pairs fluctuate evenly from broker to broker?....eg if the eur/jap drops 10 pips at a point in time will it drop 10 pips simultaneously w all brokers 

No . . .  price for a Broker is driven by Buying/Selling action within that Broker.  There is no centrally controlled market with Forex.

jjre65:

10 pips behind the other platforms and charts i use.   That is a lot how much is 10 pips on EURUSD according to you ??

Is it  equal to 0.0010  or equal to 0.00010

The first is what we have to call  pips  The second is 10 pouints