Replicate strategy in Metatrader 4 from VBA

Hi,

I'm considering replicating with MT4 my trading algorithm I have written in VBA. Since there does not seem to exist an appropriate interface from VBA to MT4, replication may be a better option.

My question is how easy it would be to create this replication? If I understand correctly, MT4 has some basic strategies immediately ready for use. I only know VBA programming, so what is the potential work involved in editing the MT4 strategies?

Thank you for your advice.

zeno1:

Hi,

I'm considering replicating with MT4 my trading algorithm I have written in VBA. Since there does not seem to exist an appropriate interface from VBA to MT4, replication may be a better option.

My question is how easy it would be to create this replication? If I understand correctly, MT4 has some basic strategies immediately ready for use. I only know VBA programming, so what is the potential work involved in editing the MT4 strategies?

That depends on the complexity of your method/strategy.

Take a look in the codebase and see if there is anything similar to your Strategy, that will then give you an idea of the work involved. CodeBase EAs