end of the world MT4 evidence

so,2038 is the end of the world instead of 2012! Forgive me with google translation!

Interesting....let me try this out....

But how you reached this date.??

dineshydv:

Interesting....let me try this out....

But how you reached this date.??

It's probably the max value for the type of variable used as a datetime in seconds with the 1st Jan 1970 as the start date.

We either get a bigger datetime integer or redifine the start date

Ickyrus:
We either get a bigger datetime integer or redifine the start date
I suspect MT4 will actually be gone by then and people will finally have migrated to MT5 Build 3945

RaptorUK:
It's probably the max value for the type of variable used as a datetime in seconds with the 1st Jan 1970 as the start date.

Integer max value ? I think WHRoeder replied that before like no. 3 in here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/140093/page2#664685

#define INF 0x6FFFFFFF // Not quite infinite, Jul 2029, or 1,879,048,191

Now I hope he explain that, Jul 2029 vs Jan 19th 2038.

RaptorUK:

I suspect MT4 will actually be gone by then and people will finally have migrated to MT5 Build 3945

Actually, MT 10.5 not MT 5, and also available are Zune and iPod Nano version.

More info here: UNIX time stamp

"At 03:14:08 UTC on 19 January 2038, 32-bit versions of the Unix time stamp will cease to work, as it will overflow the largest value that can be held in a signed 32-bit number. Before this moment millions of applications will need to either adopt a new convention for time stamps or be migrated to 64-bit systems."

onewithzachy:

Integer max value ? I think WHRoeder replied that before like no. 3 in here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/140093/page2#664685

Now I hope he explain that, Jul 2029 vs Jan 19th 2038.

If you use MAX_INT (0x7FFFFFFF) you can only compare with equality and there is no negative equivalent. Computing x+point fails if x==MAX_INT (you get a negative number.)

By using less (0x6FFFFFFF) you can use all comparison functions, don't need to worry about round off and can use -INF.

Of course if Mt4 is around after 2029 we'll have to modify the number.

End of the World?! What do you think should I be Long or Short EURUSD? :D

MisterDog:
End of the World?! What do you think should I be Long or Short EURUSD? :D

Why EURUSD will EUROPE ever agree over all financial issues ??