Check if an order is in profit...

Hi together,

is there anybody who can help me regarding the mentioned "problem" below...

After open 2 market orders (1 buy & 1 sell order as hedged position) I'd like to check if one of the orders in profit and open a new position in the same direction as the order which is in profit.

Currently my code looks like this:

//external variables

extern double TP=x;

extern int slippage=x;

extern double Magicnr=682012;

extern int Lotsize=x;

//global variables

int Buytickethedge;

int Selltickethedge;

double UsePoint;

double UseSlippage;

//init function

int init()

{

UsePoint=PipPoint(Symbo());

UseSlippage=GetSlippage(Symbol(), Slippage);

}

//start program

int start()

{

//Hedge Position

if(Buytickethedge ==0 && Selltickethedge==0)

//openbuyorder

double Buyopenprice = ask;

Buytickethedge = Ordersend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, Lotsize, Buyopenprice, UseSlippage,0,0,"BuyHedge", Magicnr, 0, Green);

//opensellorder

double Opensellprice= bid;

Selltickethedge = Ordersend(Symbol(), OP_SELL, Lotsize, Sellopenprice, UseSlippage,0,0,"BuyHedge", Magicnr, 0, Red);

From now on...Is it possible to find out how to check the current status of both orders...?

shall I use this function?

for (int i=0; i<OrdersTotal(); i++)

{

if((OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS)==true)

{

double Profit= OrderProfit(); // Order profit --> "Profit" as extern double for external variables?

Many thanks for help...

regards

Marc

Please use this to post code . . . it makes it easier to read.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/137128

Your code would send two trades every tick as the ticket id's of the first two trade would be reset to zero on the next tick. Check out static variables or use OrdersTotal() to control the placing of orders.

I normally check if ALL orders of a given type are in profit -and safe- before adding to positions. The following function checks if the stoploss has already be trailed enough to assure all trades are risk-free. Change it using OrderProfit() if you just want to know if they are in profit. Cheers.

/**
* Checks if all trades of a given type are risk-free
* @param    int   Type
*/
bool AreTradesRiskFree(int Type)
{
   int l_type;
   for(int i = OrdersTotal()-1; i >= 0; i--)
   {
       OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES); l_type = OrderType();
       if(l_type == Type && OrderSymbol() == Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber() == MagicNumber)
       {
           if(l_type == OP_BUY && Type == OP_BUY && OrderStopLoss() < OrderOpenPrice()) return(false);
           if(l_type == OP_SELL && Type == OP_SELL && OrderStopLoss() > OrderOpenPrice()) return(false);
      }
   }
   return(true);
}

flaab:

I normally check if ALL orders of a given type are in profit -and safe- before adding to positions. The following function checks if the stoploss has already be trailed enough to assure all trades are risk-free. Change it using OrderProfit() if you just want to know if they are in profit. Cheers.

Thanks for response :) Currently I try to read through the forum and get more information