Start or restart of an EA

Currently, I am developing an complex EA, which is watching at several courses, evaluating these and giving trading orders based on this evaluation.

I planed to use multiple EAs to realize this complex strategy (1 EA per symbol) + 1 masterscript which is controlling these EAs.

Since I am doing this, I want to know, if there is a opportunity or a workaround or something that allows my masterscript to initiate this EAs (or restart, if a EA crashed).

Since the masterscript and the EAs will communicate through named pipes, the masterscript can also be written in another language than MQL. So I am not only limited through MQL functions. There just have to be the opportunity to interact with the MT4 Terminal.

Could anyone help me?

push

jack_sabbath:

Currently, I am developing an complex EA, which is watching at several courses, evaluating these and giving trading orders based on this evaluation.

I planed to use multiple EAs to realize this complex strategy (1 EA per symbol) + 1 masterscript which is controlling these EAs.

Since I am doing this, I want to know, if there is a opportunity or a workaround or something that allows my masterscript to initiate this EAs (or restart, if a EA crashed).

Since the masterscript and the EAs will communicate through named pipes, the masterscript can also be written in another language than MQL. So I am not only limited through MQL functions. There just have to be the opportunity to interact with the MT4 Terminal.

Could anyone help me?

Hi jack_sabbath,

Well, I don't know what you meant by controlling and I don't know the answer if one single EA is crashes - in other word I'm not sure what nightmare situation that you trying to avoid.

However there is a profile, after attaching and set all EAs, you can save an MT profile. Have a copy of this profile and lastprofile.ini. Before your MasterScript launching MT, it should replace the profile ini and your saved profile with the original one and then launch the MT.

:D

Thank you :)

Not exactly what I hoped for, but that seems to be the only solution.