"Encountered an improper argument" when Metaeditor find & replace - page 2

crossy:

I did it.... Hope for a better suggestions...

Y.

I don't think you did it...you posted a message on the forum. Is it so hard to understand that you have to contact the Support (ServiceDesk) of the Company providing you the product and not flooding forums where nobody can help you.

Hi, I have a similar problem. Search and replace only works on one occurrence.

This is since the the editor was undated with MT4 build 600. If anyone knows the answer - or if it is a bug - please let me know.

To get around this for now .... select all, copy and past into word. Do the the search and replace in word then select all, copy. Back to metaeditor, select all then paste - just a bit of a hassle.

Chris

ChrisSouthwood:

Hi, I have a similar problem. Search and replace only works on one occurrence.

This is since the the editor was undated with MT4 build 600. If anyone knows the answer - or if it is a bug - please let me know.

To get around this for now .... select all, copy and past into word. Do the the search and replace in word then select all, copy. Back to metaeditor, select all then paste - just a bit of a hassle.

Chris

I use it all the time and no problems. Usually I will only replace one at a time though to be sure that I don't accidently replace something that I don't want to.

Editor build 887

I tested

find

Clicked on replace all

replaced

I've encountered this error lately too and then noticed that I was using TimeToStr() StrToTime() etc functions, usually I spell String out but for whatever reason used the short version.... and changing the function to TimeToString() StringToTime() etc solved the issue.  Very strange indeed.