Previous Bar Trailing Stop - page 2

Wow... that's a lot of stuff... Thanks guys!

One word to WHRoeder: I know that nobody is my slave here. But I didn't asked for a hyper-special-expert which must be programmed for me. I think that a bar-to-bar-trailing stop has been programmed several times before. And I just asked if somebody can look up in their expert-library and give it to me.

By the way: Can somebody please tell me what the Magic Number is? I read that with this number an order can be specified. Is that true? Do I need to work with a Magic Number when there is always only one trade running?

mar:

Wow... that's a lot of stuff... Thanks guys!

One word to WHRoeder: I know that nobody is my slave here. But I didn't asked for a hyper-special-expert which must be programmed for me. I think that a bar-to-bar-trailing stop has been programmed several times before. And I just asked if somebody can look up in their expert-library and give it to me.

By the way: Can somebody please tell me what the Magic Number is? I read that with this number an order can be specified. Is that true? Do I need to work with a Magic Number when there is always only one trade running?

If you have an EA or several EAs and/or you also place manual trades then it can be difficult for any EA to distinguish which trades belong to it . . . you might want each EA to manage only it's trades . . . this is where Magic Numbers come in. Each EA can have it's own Magic Number and can then identify it's own trades.

I understand, thanks Raptor!!

mar:
One word to WHRoeder: I know that nobody is my slave here. But I didn't asked for a ...

By the way: Can somebody please tell me what the Magic Number is?

1. What you asked for is irrelevant. Every day someone posts a "do this for me". We're not slaves, learn to code or pay someone. You said "Can anyone give me a trailing stop" Give Me, not help me. Nor did you post your attempt, nothing. If you used this you probably would have found one in the code base. Did you even try?
  2. Magic number? RTFM and use this and you would have found this