looking for an indicator re: DD and balance etc

The performance graph and Balance/Equity.

There is something that seems odd.

On some EA's they plot quite separately. At other times there is no meaningful divergence.

I cannot quite place my finger on what is different and why and when it does not graph in the same way.

Just sometimes I am looking at the graph to gauge draw down and it does not appear at all.

(Possibly the scenarios is re: 1 trade - not plotting, and several trades - is plotting. Or possibly it is re:market orders vs Stops or Limit orders. Or possibly it is an point adjustment. Or possibly it is the use of OrdersReliable - just not sure)

Anyway, what is the best way to see drawdown. Are there any addons or indicators to improve MT4 performance graphing?

mrmedia:

The performance graph and Balance/Equity.

There is something that seems odd.

On some EA's they plot quite separately. At other times there is no meaningful divergence.

I cannot quite place my finger on what is different and why and when it does not graph in the same way.

I think the tester only plots balance and equity at the end of each trade. If there is more than one open position at a time then balance and equity can diverge.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/137407