How to draw trend line with arrow

Hi,

From the MT4 Drawing tool, there is only line drawing without arrow. Is there an add-on tool that can provide such drawing tool? See my picture (the arrow is drawn manually).

Alternative, is it possible to add this feature into the new release as it should be relatively simple to add this feature into the existing trend line drawing source code. (see below picture)

Regards,

Toyogo

toyogo00:

Hi,

From the MT4 Drawing tool, there is only line drawing without arrow. Is there an add-on tool that can provide such drawing tool? See my picture (the arrow is drawn manually).

Alternative, is it possible to add this feature into the new release as it should be relatively simple to add this feature into the existing trend line drawing source code. (see below picture)

Regards,

Toyogo

dubbelclick with your pc mouse on the line and you can change your trendline (or object) again with using the mouse

deVries:

dubbelclick with your pc mouse on the line and you can change your trendline (or object) again with using the mouse

True, I just tried it. But it won't convert a line into an arrow.

If there is an object type that is an arrow then you can write a little script that changes the renamed line into an arrow and activate the script with a shortcut key.That is quicker than waiting for MetaQuotes to add a feature to the now obsolescent MQL4.

So, you would draw a trendline, double left click it to select it, right click it to change its properties, change its name to "arrow21", then run your script.

... Although looking through the objects list I don't see an arrow with two coordinates. You might need to bodge a triangle over one end (ugh!)

There is no line ending in an arrow head . . . it would be very hard to do as the x co-ordinate of line type Objects is a datetime snapped to whole bars .

RaptorUK:
There is no line ending in an arrow head . . . it would be very hard to do as the x co-ordinate of line type Objects is a datetime snapped to whole bars .
which means some sort of bodgy use of an arrow with a suitable arrow code, and then using a trailing line. It's never going to have the look and feel of a nice arrow :-(

dabbler:

True, I just tried it. But it won't convert a line into an arrow.

If there is an object type that is an arrow then you can write a little script that changes the renamed line into an arrow and activate the script with a shortcut key.That is quicker than waiting for MetaQuotes to add a feature to the now obsolescent MQL4.

So, you would draw a trendline, double left click it to select it, right click it to change its properties, change its name to "arrow21", then run your script.

... Although looking through the objects list I don't see an arrow with two coordinates. You might need to bodge a triangle over one end (ugh!)

It is a trainingprogram but with the trendlines inside it it can work https://www.mql5.com/en/code/8950