Need Help : 5 Digit and non 5 Digit Broker

Dear Sir,
In some of the EA, I found a different approach to broker 5 and not 5 digits, for example the following code segment:

int digits = MarketInfo ("EURUSD", MODE_DIGITS);
if (digits == 5) {int StopMultd = 10;} else {StopMultd = 1;}
int Slippage = Slip * StopMultd;

My question: why should there different approaches. Someone please help explain to me. Thank you.

mantra:

Dear Sir,
In some of the EA, I found a different approach to broker 5 and not 5 digits, for example the following code segment:

My question: why should there different approaches. Someone please help explain to me. Thank you.

This method Tonny always using is failing with brokers that have prefix or suffix on currency Symbols

Then there is no "EURUSD" but it is like "EURUSDiam"

That there are different approaches for this is also because there are different ways to do it right for what you want

deVries:

This method Tonny always using is failing with brokers that have prefix or suffix on currency Symbols

Then there is no "EURUSD" but it is like "EURUSDiam"

That there are different approaches for this is also because there are different ways to do it right for what you want

Thank you very much...........

mantra:

1. You don't need the market info, Digits works just fine for the chart the EA is on.
  2. You adjust slippage, but you also have to adjust TP and SL double SL = OrderOpenPrice() - StopLoss.Pips * StopMultd * Point;
  3. I just use two variables to eliminate the extra multiplication. I also adjust for Yen (2/3 digits) and metals (0/1) and use a more descriptive, generic variable name.
    //++++ These are adjusted for 5 digit brokers.
    int     pips2points;    // slippage  3 pips    3=points    30=points
    double  pips2dbl;       // Stoploss 15 pips    0.015      0.0150
    int     Digits.pips;    // DoubleToStr(dbl/pips2dbl, Digits.pips)
    int     init(){
         if (Digits % 2 == 1){      // DE30=1/JPY=3/EURUSD=5 https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/135345
                    pips2dbl    = Point*10; pips2points = 10;   Digits.pips = 1;
        } else {    pips2dbl    = Point;    pips2points =  1;   Digits.pips = 0; }
        // OrderSend(... Slippage.Pips * pips2points, Bid - StopLossPips * pips2dbl
    //---- These are adjusted for 5 digit brokers.
        /* On ECN brokers you must open first and THEN set stops
        int ticket = OrderSend(..., 0,0,...)
        if (ticket < 0)
           Alert("OrderSend failed: ", GetLastError());
        else if (!OrderSelect(ticket, SELECT_BY_TICKET))
           Alert("OrderSelect failed: ", GetLastError());
        else if (!OrderModify(OrderTicket(), OrderOpenPrice(), SL, TP, 0)
           Alert("OrderModify failed: ", GetLastError());
         */