External DLL executing trades in MT4

Hello all,

I am considering linking a trading system currently written in C#. The system is essentially finished as a standalone executable file set.   In order to accomplish this quickly and with a minimum amount of redesign, I am considering writing a DLL that is able to access commands MT4.  

My idea at present is to create a library which is able to effect trade execution in MT4.  For example, standalone system says long EUR/USD, then MT4 gets the command to execute a long trade on the pair.  This approach does not currently seem to be a mainstream approach and I am wondering if it is even possible.

Thanks, in advance

wbrown:

Hello all,

I am considering linking a trading system currently written in C#. The system is essentially finished as a standalone executable file set.   In order to accomplish this quickly and with a minimum amount of redesign, I am considering writing a DLL that is able to access commands MT4.  

My idea at present is to create a library which is able to effect trade execution in MT4.  For example, standalone system says long EUR/USD, then MT4 gets the command to execute a long trade on the pair.  This approach does not currently seem to be a mainstream approach and I am wondering if it is even possible.

Thanks, in advance

I know it is possible. I have done it not with a DLL, but with MT4api (which is not a real api, but works) and I think should fit for your needs. Just pm me if interested.

wbrown:

Hello all,

This Forum is the mql5 Forum . . .  if you have mql4 or Automated Trading on MT4 related questions please use the mql4 Forum
MQL4: automated trading forum
  • www.mql5.com
MQL4: automated trading forum