EAs Non-Execution of trades

For some reason NO EA'S will make any trades on any of my 3 computers. I have Windows XP and older computers which shouldn't

make any difference. Most EA's if relatively reasonable length code always worked before. I couldn't even get the MACD Sample code to

work or make trades. This one Did do the Strategie test correctly and made trades. Shouldn't an EA make actual trades in a live account

if it works for the Strategie test? This is very frustrating for me right now because I recently learned enough code to build my own EAs.I

have MB-Trading and an MT4. They said make sure I don't have stops or target orders in the same line of code in a market order.

On one of my EA's there are no stops or targets. Just close and open criteria. Can't do anything until this problem is solved. Appreciate

any help on this.

JimTrader1

do you see the happy face in the upper right corner of your chart?

did you forward-test successfully? - it is not the same as the strategy tester.

sn

Are you using a demo account that has expired? Bottom right says something about expired. Open a new demo.

> Shouldn't an EA make actual trades in a live account if it works for the Strategie test?

Not necessarily!

Has the live account bee enabled for EA's - some brokers still don't do this by default?

Are there any error messages in the Journal or Experts tab of the MT Terminal?

-BB-

Did you enable Live Trading for the EA ? did you enable live trading for EAs in Options>Expert Advisors ?

On some brokers Demo vs Live can also be 4 vs 5 digits. Does the EA auto adjust?

jimtrader1 2011.07.31 23:00

EA Order Execution Problem solved-RaptorUK

It appears that I had the allow live trades set under Strategie Properties but not under Options-Expert Advisors. Ususally the problems

that are sometimes hard to determine are actually something simple as this. Many thanks to RaptorUK for helping me find this.

JimTrader1