Moving Averages Question

I just started using MT4. Common sense tells me that a MA can't begin at the very first bar available. If it is 200MA, it should not be shown for the first 199 bars. I inserted a rainbow of averages, and all of them start from the same point. See the attachment. Does it make sense?

gm

I think there are about 1000 bars visible on a chart with many more if you scroll back in time. All MAs will be equal at some point where the price crosses and the market changes direction. If the price doesn't move all MAs will reach the same value eventually.

gm10:

I just started using MT4. Common sense tells me that a MA can't begin at the very first bar available. If it is 200MA, it should not be shown for the first 199 bars. I inserted a rainbow of averages, and all of them start from the same point. See the attachment. Does it make sense?

gm

It actually does exactly what you describe, you just need to scroll down through the chart to its beginning - press home key.

This is the very beginning of the chart USDCAD Weekly. All averages start from the same point and this does not make sense to me.

Ruptor:
... All MAs will be equal at some point ...... If the price doesn't move all MAs will reach the same value eventually.
Have you EVER seen it? On what chart?