MT4 as DDE client?

Hi,
I've been working on importing stock data from Yahoo Finance to MT4 (but basically we can import any financial data), and already figured out how to import EOD data to MT4 (csv to hst).

Now, I'd like to make it real-time if possible (in offline mode). I know there are providers for real-time data and some of them allow DDE to Excel or other DDE clients.

My question is, is it possible to use MT4 as the DDE client? I'm thinking of combining the historical data from Yahoo Finance up to the day before and use the data from DDE server for current day.

My guess is, we can use some dll file or something, similar to how FFCal indicator download xml, but I'm not sure... Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,

and already figured out how to import EOD data to MT4 (csv to hst).

please explain the procedure

nil2020:

and already figured out how to import EOD data to MT4 (csv to hst).

please explain the procedure

Press F2

My question is, is it possible to use MT4 as the DDE client in inline mode from excel?

kinsky:
My question is, is it possible to use MT4 as the DDE client in inline mode from excel?
As far as I remember 1) MT4 can only send Quotes to Excel (cannot receive any data) 2) MT4 'plays' DDE only as server 3) and it has only a limited no. of 'orders' for Excel to request data