How to get 2 EAs to 'talk' to each other on separate MT4 instances - page 3

If you are looking to exploit arbitrage, there is an EA in the code base that does this.. perhaps you can study some of its code. https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9356

supertrade:
If you are looking to exploit arbitrage, there is an EA in the code base that does this.. perhaps you can study some of its code. https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9356

Supertrade - would it be fair to say, that this code is trying to exploit 'triangular' arbitrage? I am not looking at this form of arbitrage

can someone help me edit sar ohlc to use heiken ashi ohlc

Hi, I have an MTF indicator that uses sar, however I'd like the sar to calculate heiken ashi ohlc, and not the normal type

Can you tell me how I can do this, my mtf indicator calls to the sar indicator to calculate sar formula, I think it is calling to the internal indicator in mt4 that can not edit

you can skype or email if you can assist and like to talk about it

skype sty671

email sty671@gmail.com

I can also supply the original file that I'm trying to use heiken ashi ohlc for

bgaughran:

Hi VirtualReal,

I appreciate your response. Yes, I want to run multiple instances (on same PC) because I want to run an EA against multiple brokers. I need to send messages between each EA running on each instance.

The speed of execution is extremely important. The slower the execution, the greater the potential to lose cash.

My instinct is telling me, although as you quite rightly pointed out the file size is small, is that FILE I/O would be slower than options such as 'named pipes' or sockets. I don't mind using a more complex solution if it is quicker.

Do you have any experience with any - and maybe sample code?

THanks

Any time Bgaughran.

I have only experience with those standard read/write functions within the same MT instance, partly to let EA's communicating with each other. I can't tell which of those 3 methods is the fastest. Maybe you can look for a C/C++ forum for a question like this. In order to check the speed of those custom made read/write functions (see the forex-tsd link) you can log a timestamp using the TimeCurrent() function during writing and reading, so you can check this afterwards. For this I made a genuine log function:

//global declaration
int LogFileHandle;
string LogMessage;

//in init() function
LogFile = Symbol() + "_Log.csv";
LogFileHandle = FileOpen(LogFile, FILE_CSV|FILE_WRITE);

//log function
string WriteLogMessage()
{
FileSeek(LogFileHandle,0,SEEK_END);
FileWrite(LogFileHandle,TimeToStr(TimeCurrent()) + " ; " + LogMessage);
}

//sample call
LogMessage = "Sample log message for: " + Symbol();
WriteLogMessage();

Keep in mind that in this code the log file will be overwritten during each EA run. In my case this is no issue.

Now something completely different. There is a package called ProTrader (it supports EA's) and it's not a broker distribution like tool like MT. It works with several feeds (see http://protrader.net/liquidity-providers), maybe(!) also multiple ones during the same instance, but you have to ask them.

HTH,

Jim