Actual Computer Time During Testing - page 2

ubzen:

@brewmanz, oh! thats a nice trick thanks for the tip.

3-Questions comes to my mind.

1) If you're using Optimizer, wouldn't the # of parameters effect the results?

Sorry, bad choice of words when I said "optimise". I meant optimising my code to reduce runtime, not optimise profit/drawdown etc with Strategy Tester

Recursive functions are functions that call themselves (but not infinately}.

[blue sky thinking] Oh transputer where art thou, we need true parallel processing now [end blue sky wishful thinking]

brewmanz:
Sorry, bad choice of words when I said "optimise". I meant optimising my code to reduce runtime, not optimise profit/drawdown etc with Strategy Tester
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/132553

supertrade:
Im trying to find a way to get the actual realtime computer time while testing. TimeLocal() does this when the EA is attached to a chart but as it says in the manual, during testing computer time is modeled and equal the the server time. The reason I want this is to measure realtime backtesting rate (time interval tested / real time elapsed). Im pretty sure this resolves to #import-ing a windows dll that contains a function that gets this info then calling that function in the EA but my windows programming knowledge is 98% limited. Anyone know the name of such a windows file/function, or perhaps a simpler way?

Have you checked out GetTickCount()?