Multiple MT4 windows on win7

Hi I need some help please. I have 3 monitors and I monitor 8 FX pairs. I was told to drag the bottom right hand corner of the MT4 window across 2 of my monitors which I did. I then fitted my 8 chart windows within the 2 monitors and all was fine until I maximised any of the charts. This single chart now opens right across the 2 monitors!! What I had hoped for is that when I maximised a chart it would be contained within that monitor and not spread across them all. Is this possible. Thanks in advance for your help and patience..........

silverpuma:
Hi I need some help please. I have 3 monitors and I monitor 8 FX pairs. I was told to drag the bottom right hand corner of the MT4 window across 2 of my monitors which I did. I then fitted my 8 chart windows within the 2 monitors and all was fine until I maximised any of the charts. This single chart now opens right across the 2 monitors!! What I had hoped for is that when I maximised a chart it would be contained within that monitor and not spread across them all. Is this possible. Thanks in advance for your help and patience..........
AFAIK, there's no built-in way. One possible solution is to simply open 2 Terminals (multiple clients can connect to the same account simultaneously). Just copy the installation folder and launch 2 Terminals.

Hi

I have a dual display setup and I just made a copy of the original mt4 directory and renamed the copy to something like 'mt4 dup' and then put a shortcut to the program on the desktop of the second screen.

On the duplicate program I just opened a practice account which is then used soley for watching and not trading, I execute the trades on my main screen.

Hope this helps

Antony

Also, I take you know about the quick monitor function on win7? basically hold down the windows key and press P, that will bring up a quick menu for the screen, you need to select extend.

Antony