Quick Martingale Help - page 2

I meant 100 dollars

Hmmm
jamesmean:
I meant 100 dollars
You really expect a losing system to be better by using martingale style MM?

gordon:
HmmmYou really expect a losing system to be better by using martingale style MM?

Possibly...

In a particular quarter, there could be hundreds of trades that reach profit; with a handful of stops. The ending result is typically even (a very small loss or gain). At the moments when there are stop/losses, I manually calculated martingale trades and it worked very well. Out of the seven years that I tested, I didn't see it go beyond four levels (starting with .01 micro lots).

Ultimately it really doesn't matter because I just realized how much more complicated it is to program. So instead I'm just going to have it professionally made/altered.

Thanks for the input!

jamesmean:

Oh ok, I see what you mean. It is actually much more complicated than I thought. No wonder why it wasn't working. Thanks for the input; I'll try and see if I can figure this out.
Yes, it is. You could not just add a line, you effectively have to re-write the opening, and closing, strategies. Otherwise, your additional line would simply be fighting against the existing strategies and that is unlikely to be any sort of improvement.