Strategy Tester start time

Hi All,

Is there a way to get the tester to start at a specific time in VISUAL MODE?

For example I want the tester to start running from 9th November at 14:00p.m - is there a way to do this?

thanks

I would note that if your EA only works between certain dates historically, and some dates have to be 'removed with the benefit of hindsight', then your EA strategy is suspect from the start.

Also, my understanding is that setting or unsetting Visual Mode makes no difference, but I'm not an expert and so leaving myself open to being shot down & flamed

Anyway, if I was faced with your issue, I would either:

1) manually ignore trades done between 00:00 & 14:00 that day (you can start at a particular day).

2) start tester @ 10 Nov & compare from that date, so ignoring trades on OTHER system.

3) add an EA option to not trade a) between certain hours or b) before a certain date & time.

4) export & re-import the data with a 10 or 14 hour shift, maybe for an unused pricing pair.
One could say use the Deutsche Borse stocks for that purpose, if you'll never trade them.

One could also create artificial prices like ramps, steps, spikes etc and store them there to ummmm reverse engineer indicators.

brewmanz:

I would note that if your EA only works between certain dates historically, and some dates have to be 'removed with the benefit of hindsight', then your EA strategy is suspect from the start.

Also, my understanding is that setting or unsetting Visual Mode makes no difference, but I'm not an expert and so leaving myself open to being shot down & flamed

Anyway, if I was faced with your issue, I would either:

1) manually ignore trades done between 00:00 & 14:00 that day (you can start at a particular day).

2) start tester @ 10 Nov & compare from that date, so ignoring trades on OTHER system.

3) add an EA option to not trade a) between certain hours or b) before a certain date & time.

4) export & re-import the data with a 10 or 14 hour shift, maybe for an unused pricing pair.
One could say use the Deutsche Borse stocks for that purpose, if you'll never trade them.

One could also create artificial prices like ramps, steps, spikes etc and store them there to ummmm reverse engineer indicators.

I have code in my EA to stop it trading between certain times because of flat markets etc; but this is not why I want to start the tester at a certain time in visual mode. I am thoroughly testing my EA and at certain points in the chart I need to observe price behaviour relative to the variable values produced in the EA so as to make minor adjustments for improvement. If there is a problem at 14:00pm I don't want to have to start the tester at 00:00 every time.

Hi--was this ever solve? I am also trying to observe EA behavior over specific periods of time. Thanks.