Profitable EA, but needs a small change!

Hello,

The following EA based on Moving Average works perfectly on EUR/USD H4 200-6, EUR/USD H4 200-6, EUR/USD, H4 20-6 EUR/USD and AUD/USD H4 200-6. The problem is, that trailing stop is the only thing which closes positions. The code contains an original closing position, but it's inactive. What I would like to do with the code is to employ both trailing stop and the original closing condition. Could you try to make such code? I guarantee a high profitability of such code :-)

Thanks,

Martin

billy90:

Hello,

The following EA based on Moving Average works perfectly on EUR/USD H4 200-6, EUR/USD H4 200-6, EUR/USD, H4 20-6 EUR/USD and AUD/USD H4 200-6. The problem is, that trailing stop is the only thing which closes positions. The code contains an original closing position, but it's inactive. What I would like to do with the code is to employ both trailing stop and the original closing condition. Could you try to make such code? I guarantee a high profitability of such code :-)

Thanks,

Martin

if(CalculateCurrentOrders(Symbol())==0) 
    {
    CheckForOpen();
    }
   else
    {
     Trailing_Stop() ;
     CheckForClose() ;
    }
Would call both the Trailing Stop and CheckForClose

What he said. Plus:
  1. //---- go trading only for first tiks of new bar
       if(Volume[0]>1) return;

Volume is unreliable, must use Time
    static datetime Time0;  bool    newBar  = Time0 < Time[0];
    if (!newBar)) return(0);                  Time0 = Time[0];

2. void CheckForClose()
       for(int i=0;i<OrdersTotal();i++)
         {
          if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)==false)        break;
          if(OrderMagicNumber()!=MAGICMA || OrderSymbol()!=Symbol()) continue;

You must count DOWN when closing multiple orders or in the presence of multiple EAs/human.
    for(int i=OrdersTotal()-1; i>=0; i--) if(
        OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)
    &&  OrderMagicNumber()-=MAGICMA 
    &&  OrderSymbol()     ==Symbol()) { ...

3. Must adjust TP, SL, and slippage on 5 digit brokers
    //++++ These are adjusted for 5 digit brokers.
    double  pips2points,    // slippage  3 pips    3=points    30=points
            pips2dbl;       // Stoploss 15 pips    0.0015      0.00150
    int     Digits.pips;    // DoubleToStr(dbl/pips2dbl, Digits.pips)
    int init(){
        if (Digits == 5 || Digits == 3){    // Adjust for five (5) digit brokers.
                    pips2dbl    = Point*10; pips2points = 10;   Digits.pips = 1;
        } else {    pips2dbl    = Point;    pips2points =  1;   Digits.pips = 0; }
        // OrderSend(... Slippage.Pips * pips2points, Bid - StopLossPips * pips2dbl

WHRoeder:
What he said. Plus:
  1. Volume is unreliable, must use Time
  2. You must count DOWN when closing multiple orders or in the presence of multiple EAs/human.
  3. Must adjust TP, SL, and slippage on 5 digit brokers

Thanks for your advice! I managed to run trailing stop and closing condition at the same time, but I haven't succeeded in changing the 3 points you advised me. I'm a complete novice as a programmer...Could you please rewrite the original code wiht those changes you proposed?