SDL-MAM indicator based ea - page 2

iRS99:

Hi,

As stated before. You have to call the iCustom function for bar[1] and bar[2] .

I am not an EA expert. There are better ones.... But honestly, I do believe in indicators, I don’t believe in EA. On every day the chart looks different. Try to trade according to the indicator. After some time you may decide the indicator is worth to write an EA.

rs

wise words. i use the strategy tester for this purpose. Only trough visual forward testing you can say how a indicator behaves in different market conditions...

//z

iRS99:

Hi,

As stated before. You have to call the iCustom function for bar[1] and bar[2] .

I am not an EA expert. There are better ones.... But honestly, I do believe in indicators, I don’t believe in EA. On every day the chart looks different. Try to trade according to the indicator. After some time you may decide the indicator is worth to write an EA.

rs

thanks for your support, but can you explain the difference between these 2 functions below?

iCustom(NULL,0,"SDL_MAM_1",period,method,price,0,1);

iCustom(NULL,0,"SDL_MAM_1",period,method,price,1,1);

expecting your reply.

Briefly there are two lines / Buffers 0, 1.

double iCustom( string symbol, int timeframe, string name, ..., int mode, int shift)

mode - Line index. Can be from 0 to 7 and must correspond with the index used by one of SetIndexBuffer functions.

Calling the iCustom function you want to get values ( bar[1]) out from the buffers. Sorry you should read the manual...

rs

iRS99:

Briefly there are two lines / Buffers 0, 1.

double iCustom( string symbol, int timeframe, string name, ..., int mode, int shift)

mode - Line index. Can be from 0 to 7 and must correspond with the index used by one of SetIndexBuffer functions.

Calling the iCustom function you want to get values ( bar[1]) out from the buffers. Sorry you should read the manual...

rs

i really celebrate you.

Actually, i understood what you just explained, but what i don't understand is that, could the 2 buffers have different values since they have different indexes?

if yes, which of the buffers can i use for uptrend and which one can i use for downtrend?

thanks,