Discussion of article "How to Install and Use OpenCL for Calculations" - page 2

PCWalker:

So, How does the MT5 detect your openCL driver when they are version 1.0, and with my MT5, it doesn't accept OpenCL drivers 1.0?

Thank you. 

If you want an authoritative reply I suggest you to write to ServiceDesk.

PCWalker:

So, How does the MT5 detect your openCL driver when they are version 1.0, and with my MT5, it doesn't accept OpenCL drivers 1.0?

Thank you. 

well as I said before, it worked absolutely fine prior to the update to MT5 build 803 and still does if I roll back MT5. 

therefore, something they have done in MT5 has removed the support for the version 1.0 I guess but metaquotes are less than helpful about anything they are are asked, they just get all defensive and say "it works fine" or "nothing has changed" but of course something has changed. 

I think this numbers are strange.

lowo7:

I think this numbers are strange.

Do not compare small values ~16 ms.

Is there a work around for those who get openCL drivers version 1.0 in their latest GPU driver set and thus get the Terminal error messsage openCL not found?

galafron:
Is there a work around for those who get openCL drivers version 1.0 in their latest GPU driver set and thus get the Terminal error messsage openCL not found?
Have you read this article         OpenCL: The Bridge to Parallel Worlds ?

angevoyageur:
Have you read this article         OpenCL: The Bridge to Parallel Worlds ?

That is what brought me here, some members have reported this but the only answer is to ask service Desk. 

The problem is to a get a hand on opencl.dll and opencl64.dll version 1.1 because the latest GPU drivers come with opencl 1.0  although the GPU is compatible with 1.1 as stated in Kronos site (the developper of OpenCL who offers no downloads) .

So if someone could  kindly points toward those drivers it will be greatly appreciated .

Could you please tell what are the exact files Terminal is looking for OpenCL since with Nvidia GPUs even the latest Beta come with OpenCL.DLL 1.0 and OpenCL64.DLL 1.0

many thanks

regards

I still didn't really understand about MetaTrader & OpenCL feature.......
As far as I know, OpenCL function is to share PC processor with VGA GPU processor. (mostly for gaming/photo editing).... the point is to make PC processor not working too hard.

I read some reference about OpenCL and MetaTrader 5,,, but mostly contain scripting,
unfortunately I don't know anything about coding,,,,, and the more I read, more I get dizzy.

My Question:....
1. I don't use any EA and only using BollingerBand & Stochastic indicator.....
    if my MetaTrader 5 with it's OpenCL feature actived,, is it able to decrease PC Processor usage to about 50%?

2. If running 8 different 'MetaTrader 5' (with OpenCL active), is it really feel more light and not slowing down PC ?

If anyone know the answered, Please explain with simple english.

Can you pass indicator or candle or any properties found in the chart into the GPU?

i.e. get the RSI or stochastic or ichimoku or candle OHLC?