connecting to MT4 with DDE & C++

Hi all,

I am coding an interface in C++ and ncurses.

I simply need to connect to MT4 through DDE, retrieve market prices (ex EURUSD) that I will be storing into arrays and make an analysis realtime.

On the DDE side the only resource I have is the MSDN, but i'm getting lost in all the bits and pieces and I have read here the whole forum for the DDE thing, didn't find any interesting material.

Did somone have previous experience in gathering data from MetaTrader 4 through the DDE protocol ?

A sample code would really help me, ex 1: initiating contact with MT4, 2: establishing a "warm feed", retrieving ticks.

Regards,

Inquisiteur

inquisiteur:

Hi all,

I am coding an interface in C++ and ncurses.

I simply need to connect to MT4 through DDE, retrieve market prices (ex EURUSD) that I will be storing into arrays and make an analysis realtime.

On the DDE side the only resource I have is the MSDN, but i'm getting lost in all the bits and pieces and I have read here the whole forum for the DDE thing, didn't find any interesting material.

Did somone have previous experience in gathering data from MetaTrader 4 through the DDE protocol ?

A sample code would really help me, ex 1: initiating contact with MT4, 2: establishing a "warm feed", retrieving ticks.

Regards,

Inquisiteur

BUMP - can anyone help please ?

I want to do the same thing. Did you get anything working?

currently working on something similar (at least i think so ...).

I found that the best solution is to use the wininet.dll - seems to be pretty simple.

So i think it is best to programm an EA that writes the information and another one that reads the information and both are communicating via wininet.dll commands and internet (HTTP or FTP)

Kind of sender & receiver.

However I'm also just getting into it and am at the point of reading, reading and reading again.

Good resources at the msdn and some tutorials via google. Unfortunately the few attempts on mql4.com to accomplish a DDE via internet are either too complex or not sufficent enough.

Tell me as soon as you found something, guys.