Band deviation in point value ????

Sorry, That was a typo. I didn't copy and paste that code from my ea. It was supposed to be this;

double BotBand1 = NormalizeDouble(iEnvelopes(NULL,0,FastMAPeriod,MODE_SMA,0,PRICE_MEDIAN,Bot1,MODE_LOWER,1),5);
double TopBand1 = NormalizeDouble(iEnvelopes(NULL,0,FastMAPeriod,MODE_SMA,0,PRICE_MEDIAN,Top1,MODE_UPPER,1),5);

double TopBand2 = NormalizeDouble(iEnvelopes(NULL,0,FastMAPeriod,MODE_SMA,0,PRICE_MEDIAN,Top2,MODE_UPPER,1),5);
double BotBand2 = NormalizeDouble(iEnvelopes(NULL,0,FastMAPeriod,MODE_SMA,0,PRICE_MEDIAN,Bot2,MODE_LOWER,1),5);

I am still only seeing one set of upper and one set of lower bands in the chart window. (When I click 'Open chart' in the tester).

Any ideas on how to create these bands with point deviation instead of percent???

Do I need to create my own custom function using buffer arrays around an MA ? Any advice?

Many thanks,

Chris.

come on, are you realy that uncreative?

bands with point deviation:

upperband=centerband+points

lowerband=centerband- points

you can also code this without indicators, but you will not see the bands, if you trading only with EA its ok. but if you want to visual confirme/trade you will have to code a indicator.

//edit: envelopes with 0.01% deviations should have bandwith 10pips. this is just a clue, not shure if its true