AI EA - Next level of EA's? - page 2

msbusinessil:
I guess nobody really likes AI EA's :)

Lol.... On the contrary, I think everyone Loves the idea. I for one was romanticizing about AI. I'm the first one to argue that if my 3rd Generation Video Games can create accurate physical animation of water, then market charts should be a piece of cake. After reading about them for a while, I came to the conclusion I wrote earlier.

I played with many types of AI for forex and ran their extensive backtests. I am yet to find a neural network that would outperform a simple decision tree algorithm based on MA crossover or support-resistance levels. Many who don't understand AI tend to overcredit it with abilities to predict a market due to their mathematical complexity. But, the truth is that financial time series are very noisy and it is hard to recover signal from all that noise if that signal exists at all. So, you apply a sophisticated mathematical model like a neural network to noise and what do you get at the output? Noise! AI methods work fine on problems where input data have structure, such as images, speech etc.