Strange behavior of limit orders on a large swiss ECN broker - page 2

kennyhubbard:

I think D*********y is going to have to sort out the matter from their side or else they are useless to me(and any other EA trader I would imagine).

well for me they aren't useless. as a long term java programmer i think i don't have problems to translate my strategys. to be sincerly jforex was one of the biggest points to change broker, i like linux servers (and allready have 2) and mql and linux are not the biggest friends. also i have other bigger problems with the metatrader platform from this specific broker.(maybe because of that its still beta) but thats offtopic.

so back to topic. unfortunatly today i had no partial filled trade so my EA wasn't able to check if comments/magic numbers are changed/alterd in the partial order. maybe some more luck tomorrow.

but in general i like the idea of partial filled orders, in my opinion and for my trading style its better to get only half the order filled instead of the full, but with higher slippage. my philosopy is as longer you stay in the market as longer something unpredicatable can happen. so generaly i hunt for 10 maybe 20 pips. of course that don't work with trend following systems, afaik there you dont have the problem of partialy filled orders. i have seen them only with limit orders and nerver with stop orders.

the simplicity of mql4 (as jcc sayed) is a big plus. i like to be able to code a proof of concept in an hour or two (once you have some usefull librarys).

WHRoeder:

A Buy limit is buy this price or better, so if the market is below the limit it will immediately become a market order since below is a better price.

A Buy stop becomes a market order when the market rises up to the price.

Are you mixing the two?

if you read my original post you will see that i am talking about sell limits. i thing a have not mixed anything...