8,400 pips in 12 months - need help coding EA - page 2

> if someone else could validate the codes below...

Yep, thats what I got - the glide path of a 747 with four engines out :eek:

-BB-

Wonder how much the broker made in spread ... hmm, 288 trades a day at what ...lets be kind and say 1.5 pips per trade... 432pips v OP's 30...

Damm...I didn't even think about that lolz. Even if I was winning 30 pips per day. I'd feel obligated to call my broker every day for special perks. Like a bottle of champing, gour-mae dinners, concert tickets and heck while we're at it, red sports car and a hot date, for that kind of money.

ubzen:

Here, I've re-wrote it. I'm a newbie programmer/trader. So if someone else could validate the codes below, I'm sure you'll appreciate it. Now if you used to code in C, something that scares the %!#@ out of me then you must really be laughing your pants off by putting this poor newbie programmer/trader's hopes up. Here's what your one year spread-sheet system did to 50,000$ just last month alone.

And here's the code I wrote.

Wow, thanks Ubzen. That's great. You've given me a lot to think about. I will examine the code to ensure that it was doing what I intended.

A

BarrowBoy: Did a value for the spread make it into your spreadsheet?

Alsey: I didn't include the spread because it is deducted when the position is executed. The spreadsheet simply calculates the price movement - that is the difference between the Open and Close price.

The answer to BB's question says it all. The prices in the spreadsheet are probably bid so buys would be at a profit when opened giving false profits. As we all know the spread is critical in scalping especially when the broker starts moving them around.