Open CL issue since latest build 803

Has anyone else lost the OpenCL facility since 803 build?

Ever since the update the terminal say "OpenCL not found"

I have updated to the latest drivers but no success.

It worked before the 803 build and still works if I run the pre-803 MT version, so it seems that some comparability has been lost with the update.

the graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT  but as I said it has the latest drivers and works with the last version of MT.

can anyone help?

a secondary question is does the MT terminal use the OPEN CL normally or when running EAs or only if you code an EA to do so? 

thanks

MaxTrader:

Has anyone else lost the OpenCL facility since 803 build?

Ever since the update the terminal say "OpenCL not found"

I have updated to the latest drivers but no success.

It worked before the 803 build and still works if I run the pre-803 MT version, so it seems that some comparability has been lost with the update.

the graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT  but as I said it has the latest drivers and works with the last version of MT.

can anyone help?

a secondary question is does the MT terminal use the OPEN CL normally or when running EAs or only if you code an EA to do so? 

thanks

You probably have to write to ServiceDesk for that.
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
  • www.mql5.com
We therefore attach great importance to all user reports about issues in our programs and try to answer each one of them.

angevoyageur:
You probably have to write to ServiceDesk for that.

I have done that, but history says they are very very slow if they even bother to look at it. I went through my broker initially with the problem who contacted metaquotes support all they got was.....  "everything is okay" as a response, so I don't hold out much hope.

Do you know the answer to my secondary question?  only I have a very math intensive EA that seems to have got very slow and I was wondering if the lack of OpenCL could be the cause despite the fact that I have not explicitly coded it to use OpenCL

thank for your reply  

MaxTrader:

I have done that, but history says they are very very slow if they even bother to look at it. I went through my broker initially with the problem who contacted metaquotes support all they got was.....  "everything is okay" as a response, so I don't hold out much hope.

Do you know the answer to my secondary question?  only I have a very math intensive EA that seems to have got very slow and I was wondering if the lack of OpenCL could be the cause despite the fact that I have not explicitly coded it to use OpenCL

thank for your reply  

Sometimes Service Desk reply immediately, sometimes 1 day, 1 week, 1 month...

For your second question, OpenCL is not used for anything unless you code for using it. (see articles about OpenCL).

angevoyageur:

Sometimes Service Desk reply immediately, sometimes 1 day, 1 week, 1 month...

For your second question, OpenCL is not used for anything unless you code for using it. (see articles about OpenCL).

ah okay.

and thanks again