Need a hedge EA strategy

hi all,

Have been searching hedge EA strategy and robot for the last 3 days. Only can find all the same useless strategy. Anyone can give me better ideas??

Regards
Hans
ng_hans@yahoo.com.sg

You're trying to find a strategy AND robot?
What role do you yourself play in this venture?

CB

trader and investor.

I have one, it is in alpha testing right now. On the general threads, look at the last page, see the large purple chart, that is a sample of it cranked way up.
It is called TrimTheHedge. I have 2 phases left on it, the drawdown management and the optimization testing.

My HEDGE/SCALP EA strategy is to BUY at the OPEN of the first bar after the LOCAL MINIMA and close the position at the OPEN of next immediate bar, and the reverse for the LOCAL MAXIMA.

If you apply that strategy simultaneously to three Forex pairs EURUSD and GBPUSD and AUDUSD you have a little nice earner that make money approximately 80% of all the trades.(No stop-loss and Profit-Taking points.)

To decide when is LOCAL MAXIMA or MINIMA on the charts you need an extensive knowledge of differential calculus though.

EuroTrader wrote >>
My HEDGE/SCALP EA strategy is to BUY at the OPEN of the first bar after the LOCAL MINIMA and close the position at the OPEN of next immediate bar, and the reverse for the LOCAL MAXIMA.

If you apply that strategy simultaneously to three Forex pairs EURUSD and GBPUSD and AUDUSD you have a little nice earner that make money approximately 80% of all the trades.(No stop-loss and Profit-Taking points.)

To decide when is LOCAL MAXIMA or MINIMA on the charts you need an extensive knowledge of differential calculus though.

Do you face problems of "trade context is busy" specially on opening of new bar?

(lot of times), i have this problem and with retry it also gives "trade context is busy" specially on profitable bars.
and i noticed not having problems on losing bars!! with fxcm

I just check for the busy context before attempting to open the trade set. I also trim earnings when offset by losses to counter high risk to margin. By maintaining a steady flow of offset trades (fully customizable) you keep earnings going in a hedged fashion and still wrap the losers with earnings to relieve pressure.

Anthony_M:

Do you face problems of "trade context is busy" specially on opening of new bar?

(lot of times), i have this problem and with retry it also gives "trade context is busy" specially on profitable bars.
and i noticed not having problems on losing bars!! with fxcm

That "Trade context busy" error usually occurs whenever more than one EA try to perform the ORDER special functions like OrderSelect() and OrderSend() and OrderClose() simultaneously .

In my HEDGE/SCALP EA, fortunately, most of the time the signaling LOCAL MINIMAs or LOCAL MAXIMAs usually do not happen at same bar for all three currency pairs I trade. If the error happens I have to intervene and manually close and open the orders.Then it will cost me more ask/bid spread though as the market has already moved.

LEHayes:

I just check for the busy context before attempting to open the trade set. I also trim earnings when offset by losses to counter high risk to margin. By maintaining a steady flow of offset trades (fully customizable) you keep earnings going in a hedged fashion and still wrap the losers with earnings to relieve pressure.

How do you check for the busy trade context? Quite handy to know, thanks.

Personally I just use the OrderReliable_V0_2_5.mqh include code to deal with trade context conflicts and so on.

Files: