Which is a better indicator ? - page 2

tonny:
Keep in mind raptor isnt winning 
Good point,  ignore every post I ever make, just take tonny's advice.

@tonny Please get out of the business of telling others what to do. Allow others to perform their own experiments and draw their own conclusions. You simply lack enough performance/experience to back-up your tonny-knows-best attitude. Every trader is unique [finances / emotions / etc] and wants something unique. Give your Opinion and Exit the Stage.

RaptorUK:
Good point,  ignore every post I ever make, just take tonny's advice.
No but their should be a way of weighing comments

Ubzen:

@tonny Please get out of the business of telling others what to do. Allow others to perform their own experiments and draw their own conclusions. You simply lack enough performance/experience to back-up your tonny-knows-best attitude. Every trader is unique [finances / emotions / etc] and wants something unique. Give your Opinion and Exit the Stage.

then give your opinion and leave the stage quit telling me what to do and linking to my experiments

RaptorUK:

Technical Indicators = Technical Indicators

Indicators that do not show a calculated output based on price,  for example (picked at randdom):  https://www.mql5.com/en/code/1694  are not what I would describe as a technical indicator.

what is your opinion about this :

itrend_v2.mq5 in "BRAINWASHING SYSTEM "

it's use:

//---- indicator buffers
double bulls[];
double bears[];
double level[]; 
double price[];
double bbands[];
double ema[];
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
void OnInit()
{
//--- 
   if(tf > Period()) mtf_handle = iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,"iTrend_v2",0,Bands_Mode,Power_Price,Price_Type,Bands_Period,Bands_Deviation,Power_Period,LevelBars,LevelFactor);
   else
   {
   Price_handle  = iMA(NULL,0,1,0,0,Price_Type); 
   bbands_handle = iBands(NULL,0,Bands_Period,0,Bands_Deviation,Power_Price);
   ema_handle    = iMA(NULL,0,Power_Period,0,MODE_EMA,Power_Price);
   }
}

can you please tell about it;

thank you.

tonny:

hi

can you please tell about indicator?

tonny:
No but their should be a way of weighing comments

I would hope that people can make their own minds up about any comment made by anybody on this site . . .  nobody has a monopoly on common sense or good or bad advice,  the only person who takes what anyone says as fact without checking for themselves is a fool.

I don't want my opinion to have any weight because it says Moderator under my avatar,  I have suggested that it be removed but hell is likely to freeze over first . . .  let people make their own minds up and let them intelligently think about what is said and investigate for themselves.  If I say something that you feel is incorrect please say so . . .  but please explain why it is incorrect. Lets keep to the facts please.

Now,  to get back on topic . . .  I don't use technical indicators,  never have, probably never will.  if you can make money using them I'm happy for you,  genuinely I am, but it's not the avenue I am persuing.

TIMisthebest:

RaptorUK:

I don't use technical indicators,  never have, probably never will.  if you can make money using them I'm happy for you,  genuinely I am, but it's not the avenue I am persuing.

TIMisthebest:

it's use:

can you please tell about it;

thank you.

Tell what ? What's your question ?

angevoyageur 2013.06.06 15:59
RaptorUK:
Don't use "technical" indicators . . .  I have some of my own indicators that I use but they are not technical indicators. 

That was what I mean.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

angevoyageur:

Tell what ? What's your question ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RaptorUK:

Technical Indicators = Technical Indicators

Indicators that do not show a calculated output based on price,  for example (picked at randdom):  https://www.mql5.com/en/code/1694  are not what I would describe as a technical indicator.

base of that's (up dialog ), so :

is a "technical" indicators.

& it's use:

//---- indicator buffers
double bulls[];
double bears[];
double level[]; 
double price[];
double bbands[];
double ema[];

and you suggest or prefer to don't use them.

1)is this indicator ( in your category ) will be one of them ?; ( "technical" indicators )

2) if there is share indicator, as you used them, can you please hint us to them. ?

or you use chart and Fundamental or price action or what ..?