Connection errors in log files - page 2

7bit:
This is probably due to the alpari demo server itself.

Not sure about that... When I had connection problems, all servers were affected. But I do agree that Alpari demo servers are problematic.

Wilbur, you should check other demo/live servers to compare.

7bit wrote >>
This is probably due to the alpari demo server itself.

I have been running an alpari demo for a year now, only to test my EAs and these connection problems seem to have increased during the last months.

However: there is an advantage to this: My EAs (and the library of order related functions i have been developing during this time) are now able to deal with almost every bizarre error condition during trading that could ever occur. Forward testing your EA on an alpari demo seems to be the ultimate stress test.

I also have a demo from PFGBest to test the ECN related things (on the same internet connection, I'm in Hannover, Germany, the internet connection is broadband and stable) and this demo has not had one single disconnect, timeout or any other error since weeks, running 24/5.

I'm now using the Alpari demo server ip address as the server to login to. I found the ip addresses on the Alpari web site.
I pinged and traced the three ip addresses provided and chose to login to the one that had the fastest ping response time and least number of hops.
I haven't experienced any connection errors in the past 48 hours.