Strategy tester: Possible to switch off the visual mode via command line?

Hi,

in a batch script I am starting the terminal.exe via command line in the strategy tester mode. After the report is stored the terminal window closes.

Currently, the terminal window opens and starts the strategy tester starts in visual mode. I am only interested in the report, so a quicker walkthrough would be good. Is there a setting in the command line ini startup file to switch off visual mode?

Thanks for any hint,

Hannes

mcmurphy120:

Hi,

in a batch script I am starting the terminal.exe via command line in the strategy tester mode. After the report is stored the terminal window closes.

Currently, the terminal window opens and starts the strategy tester starts in visual mode. I am only interested in the report, so a quicker walkthrough would be good. Is there a setting in the command line ini startup file to switch off visual mode?

Thanks for any hint,

Hannes

It should use the last setting of visual mode you had. So just manually open the terminal and run some test with visual mode off. Now close the terminal and launch via your batch script - it should retain the last setting of no visual mode.

gordon wrote >>

It should use the last setting of visual mode you had. So just manually open the terminal and run some test with visual mode off. Now close the terminal and launch via your batch script - it should retain the last setting of no visual mode.

That worked! Thank you!

One more question: When the strategy tester has finished running, I can also save the chart picture (when running in visual mode) via the context menü. Is it possible to do that by command line, too?

mcmurphy120:

That worked! Thank you!

One more question: When the strategy tester has finished running, I can also save the chart picture (when running in visual mode) via the context menü. Is it possible to do that by command line, too?

Don't think so, but not sure. All command line related info is in under "Tools — Configuration at Startup" in the metatrader4 help file... There is no mention of that there.