Friday market close question

Hi all,

I have two question about Friday market close:

_If i have an open position and the Broker "say" that the market close what happens? Broker close my position or the position remain open?

_If the broker close all position, the spread of the position closed with market close is the same or change?

_If the broker close all position, When broker "say" market close the client terminal send one tick or there isn't any tick? If there isn't any tick and broker close my position how i can "read", with Ea, that my position are closed?

thanks

The close of the market on Fri night will not automatically cause your positions to be closed.

There is no "announcement" or "closing tick". The ticks will just cease arriving and this can happen at various times within that window, depending upon market conditions and broker etc.

One way of dealing with this is to check the time with each incoming tick and if it is after a pre-configured time (that you think is safely before ticks will dry up) then your EA acts accordingly. This approach takes a little trial and error, and variations in the time you exit the market on a Fri night may have a significant effect on your profitability, so make sure to test well.

CB

cloudbreaker wrote >>

The close of the market on Fri night will not automatically cause your positions to be closed.

There is no "announcement" or "closing tick". The ticks will just cease arriving and this can happen at various times within that window, depending upon market conditions and broker etc.

One way of dealing with this is to check the time with each incoming tick and if it is after a pre-configured time (that you think is safely before ticks will dry up) then your EA acts accordingly. This approach takes a little trial and error, and variations in the time you exit the market on a Fri night may have a significant effect on your profitability, so make sure to test well.

CB

Thanks!!