Do you agree that Stop Loss and Take Profit affects the performance of a trading system (EA) ? - page 4

geekbot:
Try optimizing your SL N TP while doing your back test, then you will know how setting the SL N TP. Can make or break any strategies!

That's the correct way.. 

And Cloud infinitely helps.

Harvester:

Maybe my 'joke' was not enough clear.. 

Just meant, for my opinion: the more closer the SL/TP to the entry of a position, the more it affect WORSE the performance of a trading system:

in other words: me, personally,  i don't like scalping && don't like low-risk positions   ........  This gonna be more clear. 

:) Yep

geekbot 2013.06.01 06:31 #
As a serious trader, it will b ur 1st "homework assignment" to attempt SL N TP optimization by checking off the two little square boxes, ...then let ur system run wild! ...hours later, with much anticipations...the "Holy grail" combinations appears. Then, after merely one week of forward test, every breaks!... Couple of months later, you'll buy another toy EA, and cycle begins...
As a system/EA developer, you'll 1st find the magic SL N TP combination by optimization, then, run that combination through a twenty-year back test. What's left is to market the hack out of that back test results n make bundle from that crab until it break...! And the cycle begins...
Do u want more evidence to support it? ;)

agree

i think take profit is otomatically a must on an EA, but stoploss i don't think so, for example milestone EA by trevone suggest the EA don't use stoploss and it profit constantly.

the other profit factor is i think spread, spread in demo and spread in live acc are different for some brokers, i think Most EA needs low spread to perform well n to profit. 

I don't know ,i don't use EA. Manual trading is good if you can control your emotion and go strongly with your strategy.