Discussion of article "MQL5 Cookbook: Using Indicators to Set Trading Conditions in Expert Advisors"

New article MQL5 Cookbook: Using Indicators to Set Trading Conditions in Expert Advisors is published:

In this article, we will continue to modify the Expert Advisor we have been working on throughout the preceding articles of the MQL5 Cookbook series. This time, the Expert Advisor will be enhanced with indicators whose values will be used to check position opening conditions. To spice it up, we will create a drop-down list in the external parameters to be able to select one out of three trading indicators.

MQL5 Cookbook: Using Indicators to Set Trading Conditions in Expert Advisors

Author: Anatoli Kazharski

Very good article.

but I have difficulties to dowload the Zip file that seems to be corrupted 

It 's OK !

I tried from another PC with another navigator and it works fine !

Sorry

Hello,

I dont know why but when I try to test the EA with strategy tester, the TP and SL never appear. They are not set when I do not use the trailing stop.

When using the TrailingStop parameter, the SL appears, but it seems to be a modification and not an initial setting in the position. (using the trailing stop allow to set a SL whent the trailing stop is used)

In the same time, when debugging allowing autotrading (on a demo account) , the SL and TP are immediately set (when the position is first set on TradingBlock(); and it is not necessary to wait to ModifyTrailingStop() function to see the SL and TP)

Do someone can explain WHY ?

is it a problem of Broker (Alpari UK) ?

In these condition, it is difficult to evaluate how the EA works when SL and TP are set. 

Thanks if any has an idea.

M.