EA behaviour different between continents

I have written an EA (In Europe) and send it to some friends in South America and Australia. They have different brokers. The EA enters at different points then mine (not pips, but at wrong points).

My question is if there is a kind of clock needed to be added ? The program runs on demo only.

I verified:

- the same program is installed by sending it back and forth

- the parameters are the same by sending the .set back and forth

What could be the reason for this ?

Thanks for hints and tips.

S

The time-zone of the brokers can differ

The type & harmonics of the data-feeds can be different enough to make some EA's work on one broker but not another

I have multiple accounts of the same type with the same broker but even with these, entries sometimes vary due to network latency, whether a particular account is directly connected at the time or is going through the bridging software, whether a particular EA misses a tick, etc

Soooo..

Expect significant differences, starting with timezone

And... live data-feeds will differ far more between brokers than demo...!

Good Luck

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

S

The time-zone of the brokers can differ

The type & harmonics of the data-feeds can be different enough to make some EA's work on one broker but not another

I have multiple accounts of the same type with the same broker but even with these, entries sometimes vary due to network latency, whether a particular account is directly connected at the time or is going through the bridging software, whether a particular EA misses a tick, etc

Soooo..

Expect significant differences, starting with timezone

And... live data-feeds will differ far more between brokers than demo...!

Good Luck

-BB-

Thanks for your comment Barrowboy

I recognise the difference between demo and real datafeed, truly. Also the time diffences between the different brokers, even at the same continent.

To put it simply, the 'main' rule is an ema cross combined with an MACD parity cross. Simple straight forward blabla. It works fine on my demo, even backtesting, As well the S-American as the Australian have the same backtest as the result, but not at the cross + MACD shift.

They always seem to have an 'optimal' trade, they enter way better then what it was supposed to be. Good you think, but I don't trust it. So looking for similar cases.

Steenbeke:

I have written an EA (In Europe) and send it to some friends in South America and Australia. They have different brokers. The EA enters at different points then mine (not pips, but at wrong points).

My question is if there is a kind of clock needed to be added ? The program runs on demo only.

I verified:

- the same program is installed by sending it back and forth

- the parameters are the same by sending the .set back and forth

What could be the reason for this ?

Thanks for hints and tips.

The charts are different, because of time? since it is running on technicals, the chart must be different.

The EA isn't adjusting the parameters for the differences in the broker.

Digits, spread, MarketInfo( Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL ), MarketInfo( Symbol(), MODE_TICKVALUE ) and the like.