How to be alerted when Arrow.ex4 custom indicator’s makes buy & sell signals and use in an EA ?

Hi,

I have this complied custom indicator Arrow.EX4 that seems to be reasonably accurate. It puts an Up arrow on the chart when it is good time to enter into a Long trade, and a down arrow when it looks good to get into a short trade.

How can I detect these and use them in an EA to open Long and Short trades ?

Thanks to any and all that can give me some assistance in this.

Files:
arrow.ex4  5 kb

Use iCustom() and search index 0 and 1 for price values corresponding to the arrow position on the chart.

If you don't find values in index 0 or 1there are 6 more you can shuffle through.

Thanks Phy (< 8)

aj34997:

I installed and tried the indicator. It does seem to be fairly accurate, especially on the Daily chart. I have discovered a bug. Go to the Indicator List for the indicator and click on Edit. You will get the popup window. Click on the Colors tab. Under Width the default is 0. When you double click to change the width it is numbered 1 thru 5. There is no 0. And 1 is wider than 0. If you change the width and want to change it back to 0, you can't. Unless, you have saved the original onto a chart setting, which I did do. And I don't have a program that will open ex4 for viewing or editing.

Hi AJ,

If you are using MetaQuotes MT4 client terminal, which you presence here suggest you do. Access the Code Editor by any of the following means: hit the “F4” key OR click on the Diamond shaped icon with the exclamation mark in the center of it OR go into the Tools drop down menu and select ‘MetaQuotes Language Editor’.

I haven’t had any problems with the ‘bug’ you are reporting, but then I don’t want a line width of ‘zero’ as it would be invisible an defeat the purpose of it in the first place. If for some reason you do want to use the Arrow indicator, but don’t want it to show up on the charts, just select ‘none’ for the color.

phy:

Use iCustom() and search index 0 and 1 for price values corresponding to the arrow position on the chart.

If you don't find values in index 0 or 1there are 6 more you can shuffle through.

Thanks Phy,

You most definitely are a veritable encyclopedia of MQL4.

Have you been checking out MQL5? If so what do you think?

I have limitations in a number of ways and now that MQ5 is looming large on the horizon, complete with lots of controversy; I’m faced with the quandary of finally starting to learn and utilize MQL4 with the likely result that once I get to the point where I am fairly proficient with it, it will be obsolete and I’ll be faced with having to start all over again with MQL5.

Given this scenario, along with other factors I (and others) are looking for alternatives to MQ completely and trying to get direct access to the raw streaming data the brokers themselves use, even if it comes through a ForEx broker still; and then write my own complete interface from the ground up that won't be rendered obsolete by changes from MQ.