Help with History Centre

Hi,

Does anyone know why some time frames in the list of a particular currency pair have a yellow and green 'coloured in' icon next to them and for other time frames the icon is transparent?

For example on the graphic below, EURUSD (M1), (M5) and (M15) are coloured in whilst those below are grey:

History Centre EURUSD

I clicked download whilst one of the grey ones was highlighted but after the download had completed it still remains grey.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Wilbur

I dont use this much but IIRC, the grey ones have no data, as 'Download' is at the M1 level, the others have to be regenerated from that

Double-clicking the first grey icon (i.e. the 30 Minutes in the picture) should cause the M30 data to be derived from the M15

-BB-

Assuming that you've taken the tester offline to test, I believe that if there is no data in a certain period, then double-clicking the icon will not turn it to green/yellow - it will remain grey.

If there is data, then it can be toggled between enabled (green/yellow) and disabled (grey).

I'd be happy to be told I was wrong and there is a clearer explanation as this area is certainly not well understood. At times I go into the history center to find that periods which I left yellow/green have now mysteriously reverted to grey.

CB

cloudbreaker:

Assuming that you've taken the tester offline to test, I believe that if there is no data in a certain period, then double-clicking the icon will not turn it to green/yellow - it will remain grey.

If there is data, then it can be toggled between enabled (green/yellow) and disabled (grey).

I'd be happy to be told I was wrong and there is a clearer explanation as this area is certainly not well understood. At times I go into the history center to find that periods which I left yellow/green have now mysteriously reverted to grey.

CB

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

It would seem that double-clicking is the way to go.

This changes the displayed database records to those of the selected timeframe, i.e. the timeframe you just clicked on, and turns the icon into green/yellow, which I guess is an indication that these timeframe records are availalble in the database. Shame this isn't documented in the Help.

Wilbur