If I trade manually, what magic number does MT4 use? - page 4

Chi:

EA can use a magic number to distinguish its own trades from others. What if I manually open a trade, which magic number does MT4 platform use?

The reason I'm asking is, I'd like to hide my EA generated trades from brokers, so they cannot tell if it's a manual trade or automated trade.

I know I have to leave trade comment to be blank. How about magic number?

Thanks.

hi 

i test that, so if you open trade manually , magic number is 0 . 

Chi #:

Yes, it's a lot of work simulating mouse clicks...hacking client-server protocols...etc.

On the other hand, a broker offering low spreads on EURGBP and EURCHF for scalping in Asian session, 5-digit pricing, very low requotes is also hard to find, nearly doesn't exist.

Simulating mouseclicks is not so difficult, but... mt4/5 screen elements are not all named properly - at least the simulator module, which I have successfully automated (in combination with results parsing code to simulate walk forward) - so you have to use screen coordinates and have the window maximised and visible.

Please note - I have no formal coding training, and am not offering to do this - I just wanted to reassure the OP that it is possible!!