Slow Processing on MQL4

Hello To All,

It has appeared that my computer has slowed way down ever since I have downloaded the Historical Data from UWC.

As I can see the bottom right hand corner where the 'kb' is measured, it shows 0/0. I left the computer for about five minutes, after I had clicked on 'Modify Expert', only to find that the EA never appeared and the hour glass remained and the 'kb, was still 0/0.

Problem is only at my end. If so, What could I have done wrong with the download of Historical Data?

Regards

Huckleberry

Tools -- Options -- Charts tab.

Try reducing the number of bars on your charts to 2500 or so.

Restart MT4

phy wrote >>

Tools -- Options -- Charts tab.

Try reducing the number of bars on your charts to 2500 or so.

Restart MT4

Hello Phy,

Thank you for your speedy reply. The fix you gave will probably work, if my computer had not slowed down so much. I suppose I will have to re-register under a different account and download the history center again. But will I not have the same problem? I can see from the download, there are now over 2 billion bars in the history, but also the same amount per chart. It was automatic.

Thanks again

Huckleberry

Huckleberry:

Hello Phy,

Thank you for your speedy reply. The fix you gave will probably work, if my computer had not slowed down so much. I suppose I will have to re-register under a different account and download the history center again. But will I not have the same problem? I can see from the download, there are now over 2 billion bars in the history, but also the same amount per chart. It was automatic.

Thanks again

Huckleberry

Unless the problem is elsewhere (and goodness knows with Windows it could be any number of reasons - buy a Mac!) Phy's suggestion to reduce the couple of parameters in that box (from memory no. of bars in history and no. of bars in chart?) will fix your problem by reducing the amount of operating system resources that this particular MT4 instance reserves when it initially loads.

CB